Monday, July 16, 2007

Gonna start getting in shape

I went to the sporting goods store today and bought myself and the other half a bicycle for each of us. I paid a little more than I wanted, but wanted one that wouldn’t fall apart while riding down the road. Anyway I had read an article in an Arthritis magazine last week about how bicycling was good exercise for people with arthritis. We’re gonna get in shape, but need to sort of take it easy to start out with. We made a little trip down the road and back just before dark. I could tell that I wasn’t in good shape as my legs got to aching some, but I’ll get over it. I think we will stick to the flatland riding until we get in shape enough to hit the hills. Funny thing about bicycles, everyone you look at is made in China. I think everything sold nowadays is made in China. It’s hard to find American made stuff around anymore. I don’t like buying Chinese made stuff. My wife asked me about the bikes and I said, well those suckers ride them all over China, so they must be fairly good at building them. We’ll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bikes!I hope you find many happy adventures on them! Make sure to buy your wife a basket for her's! They come in handy for bouquets, the camera and bringing home wounded birds!
Happy trails!
Ali

Almtnman said...

That's a good idea. We'll have to add some accessories to them. I bought water bottle carriers and bottles to mount on the frame extra since they didn't come equipped with those.

Alabama Mountain Mans Blog

This Blog has had -- Site Meter --visitors since April 14, 2007